SHORT TRAINING COURSE ON QUANTITATIVE DATA ANALYSIS-SPSS AND STRATA WITHOUT TEARS
27th to 29th November, 2019
This training introduces data analysis using IBM SPSS and Stata. Data analysis using basic bio-statistical principles and methods are covered in this training. Participants will have opportunity to analyze real life data and supports for results discussion and conclusion. The training will cover: data entering, data labelling, data cleaning, data computing /transforming and data analysis Graphical User Interface (GUI) including summary statistics, hypothesis test, 95% CI, ANOVA, nonparametric method, correlation analysis, linear regression analysis and logistic regression analysis, chi-square test.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training is suitable for those who have basic concepts in statistics and mathematics, e.g., classification of data; summarizing data using graphs and descriptive statistics, normal and t-distributions, quantifying uncertainty in results from a sample; two samples independent t-tests, paired samples t-test, nonparametric tests, one-way ANOVA, simple and multiple linear regression, logistic regression and chi-squared test.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES/ OUTCOMES
• Be familiar with basic SPSS and Stata functions and its tools. These functions and tools will enable participants to proficiently open and create SPSS and Stata data files.
• Presenting data using SPSS and Stata generated graphs and summary statistics: descriptive statistics.
• Conducting independent and paired samples t-tests to compare two groups.
• Conducting a one-way ANOVA to compare more than two groups where the test variable is collected on a continuous scale and the data in each group follows the normal distribution: One-way ANOVA.
• Analyzing data when normality assumption for data does not hold, i.e., the data does not follow the normal distribution. The statistical methods to analyze such data are collectively known as Non-Parametric methods or distribution free method: nonparametric tests.
• Evaluating the association between an outcome and one or multiple exposures where outcome is continuous however, exposure could be numerical or categorical or a combination of both: correlation and linear regression analysis.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Introduction to SPSS
Editing and modifying the data
Constructing new variables
Statistical inference in SPSS
Continuous outcome measures
Comparisons of related or paired variables
Getting started with strata
DATE & VENUE
Date: 27th – 29th November ,2019
The College of Business Education (CBE) – Mwanza, Tanzania
Time: 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
The course fee of TZS 200,000 covers costs of facilitation, training materials (stationery and other consumables), venue, light refreshments and lunch during session. Participants/clients are expected to meet their transport costs to and from the venue, accommodation, healthcare and other allowances if applicable for participants. Payments should be done in advance.
The workshop will be facilitated by experienced facilitators from the College of Business Education
You are requested to confirm your participation before 25th November, 2019
Ms. Neema Kitonka
P. O. Box 1968,
Dar es Salaam
Fax #: +255-22-2150122
Mob: +255-782 003350